Vegetable Tian - a beautiful side dish with potatoes, tomatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, caramelized onions and garlic.
Tuesday eat clean challenge
Whole wheat tortilla with vegan refried beans,organic baby red potatoes, pico de gallo, house made avocado cilantro salsa verde, chopped jalapeños and cilantro mix
Salt pepper and dap of Sriacha
Red machine naked smoothie
Golden Washington apple
Each days a fresh chance to make healthy choices…why not start now??!
Vegan breakfast fajitas tempeh tacos
Top left corner is the fajitas
Tempeh with peppers onions and fajita seasoning
Vegan refried beans
Sautéed baby red Potatoes
Huge side of pico and chopped cilantro jalapeño mix drizzle of salsa verde
And can’t do without 2 wheat tortillas and avavado
Blue machine naked smoothie and an apple
Healthy and Delicious: Mexican Potato Soup
- 1 pound boiling potatoes, peeled and diced (about 2 cups)
- Kosher salt
- 3 large red ripe tomatoes, about 1 1/4 pounds, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 canned chipotle in adobo sauce, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Place in large saucepan and cover with water by about three inches. Season water with salt. Bring to a boil and cook until tender but firm to the bite (potatoes will cook further in step 2). Drain potatoes and set aside. Meanwhile, blend tomatoes, onion, garlic, and chipotle pepper in blender at high speed until smooth, about 30 seconds.
Pour tomato mixture into large saucepan. Add vegetable stock and potatoes. Stir to combine and season to taste with salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are completely tender, about 7 to 8 minutes. For thicker broth, mash a few potatoes against side of pot with wooden spoon. Add cilantro and simmer for 2 minutes longer. Serve immediately with extra cilantro, sour cream, and cashew cream as desired.