3 ripe bananas (look for the brown spots!)
1 tbsp raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
1 handful of raw almonds
2 frozen bananas (Simply peel the bananas, break them into 2 or 3 pieces, and pop them in your freezer before you go to bed at night. When you wake up,…
Baked Broccoli Burgers
Recipe from the Vegetarian Times
Makes 4 burgers
- 1/3 cup dry couscous
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 15 ounce can of…
Immune boosting salad!
- 50g raw pumpkin
- 70g carrot
- 70 radish (that big chinese one)
grate the veggies, press out liquid
blend ginger and lemon (skin removed)
pour it over veggies and store in fridge to marinate
Lemon is highly alkeline formning and contains C-vitamins, so does carrots and pumpkin. The oils in radish relief sore throat and ginger.. well ginger is just the root to everything good.
You can use this as a base for alot of things, add nuts, other veggies, just it as a side or just as it is, for a pick me up and it’s light in calories.
What you need:
2 tsp. grated lime zest, grated peel
2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 tsp. sugar
1 cup quinoa
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed & drained
2 medium tomatoes, diced
4 scallions, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
salt & pepper (to taste)
What to do:
Creamy Potato Salad With Avocado
Today’s Power Smoothie
A green smoothie in disguise,
- Two handfuls of blueberries
- One handful of baspberries
- Generous amount of Kale
- A little POM Juice
- A splash of lemon Juice
- A little Coconut Water
And, BAM! I ready to take on whatever today throws at me.
Avocado asparagus wrap.
Raw Goji Cacao Energy Bars
- 1 C Almonds, soaked
- 1 C Pumpkin Seeds, soaked
- 1 C Flax Seeds, soaked in 1 1/2 C water
- 1/3 C Agave
- 1 T Cinnamon
- 1/2 C Goji Berries
- 1/2 C Cacao Nibs
1. Soak almonds, pumpkin seeds and flax seeds for at least 6 hours. Drain almonds and pumpkin seeds.
2. Place almonds and pumpkin seeds in food processor. Process until well ground but still chunky.
3. Add agave and cinnamon, pulse until well combined.
4. Remove from food processor and place large bowl. Add flax seeds, cacao nibs and goji berries, stir.
5. Press into a rectangle on non-stick dehydrator sheet. You want these to be 1/2″ thick.
6. Dehydrate at 145 for 45 minutes. Reduce heat and dehydrate for 3 more hours.
7. Peel off dehydrator sheet, dehydrate for 2 more hours. At this point, you will remove them from the dehydrator, cut into bars, separate so there is a little space in between each bar and return to dehydrator for 2-3 more hours. You want them dry but not brittle. They should be a little soft.
8. Top with raw chocolate.
Vegan Butter Pecan Cupcakes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread, softened
- 1 cup vegan refined sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 5 ounces Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread, softened
- 3 1/2 cups vegan confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vanilla almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To toast the pecans, spread them out on a baking pan lined with aluminum foil and bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Earth Balance and refined sugar on low-medium speed until combined. Mix in the applesauce, vanilla and almond milk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, sea salt and baking soda.
- Combine the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients, mixing on medium speed until well combined.
- Stir in vinegar by hand, then fold in 1 cup of the toasted pecans.
- Spoon the batter into cupcake liners and bake for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool to room temperature.
- To make the frosting, combine the Tofutti, Earth Balance, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and almond milk into a large bowl and mix on low-medium speed until fully combined.
- Frost the cupcakes and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of toasted pecans on top.
The kind of lollipops I eat.
Vegan petit fours you can make at home!! There’s a petit four for everybody.
Frozen Banana Bites
- 2 large bananas
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Set out a large plate or bowl with a piece of parchment or wax paper on it.
- Cut up the bananas into good-sized chunks. Each banana should give you around 5 to 6 pieces.
- Heat the peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave on high for about a minute. Then stir until smooth.
- Dip the banana pieces in the chocolate-peanut butter mixture. Lay them out leaving some space between them on the parchment/wax paper. Then when you’ve “covered” them all, use the remaining mixture to spoon over the tops (for even more chocolate-y goodness).
- Then sprinkle the unsweetened coconut flakes on top. Transfer to the freezer for about an hour until hardened (or over night).
Veganizzm: The Nuts & Oats of Vegan Cooking: White Bean-Pepper-Potato Burgers with Rosemary & Basil →
& Tri-Colored Bell Peppers
Fo’ dinner with mama and papa bear. Served with roasted cauliflower. Yummzorz. Adapted from Mama Pea’s recipea!
- 1 can white beans (I used cannellini!)
- 2 small Yukon gold potatoes, cooked
- 1 cup diced bell pepper (yellow, orange, red mix)
- 1 clove garlic,…
Healthy and Delicious: Mexican Potato Soup
- 1 pound boiling potatoes, peeled and diced (about 2 cups)
- Kosher salt
- 3 large red ripe tomatoes, about 1 1/4 pounds, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 canned chipotle in adobo sauce, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Place in large saucepan and cover with water by about three inches. Season water with salt. Bring to a boil and cook until tender but firm to the bite (potatoes will cook further in step 2). Drain potatoes and set aside. Meanwhile, blend tomatoes, onion, garlic, and chipotle pepper in blender at high speed until smooth, about 30 seconds.
Pour tomato mixture into large saucepan. Add vegetable stock and potatoes. Stir to combine and season to taste with salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are completely tender, about 7 to 8 minutes. For thicker broth, mash a few potatoes against side of pot with wooden spoon. Add cilantro and simmer for 2 minutes longer. Serve immediately with extra cilantro, sour cream, and cashew cream as desired.