Broke ass college kid: Vegan tacos
For this you’ll need:
- A package of Soyrizo
- Spaghetti Squash
- 1/2 can Green Chiles
- 1/2 jar Recaito
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Serrano Pepper
- 1 Avocado*
- Whole wheat wraps*
First, you dice up your onions and pepper, and start saute. Make sure you don’t burn it, and if you do, you should probably start fresh. Then, throw your squash in the microwave for about 10 minutes, it’s going to need time to cool off.
Then, crumble up your soyrizo and add it to the pan. I add dried cilantro, lemon pepper, parsley and a bit of cumin. Add in a 1/4 cup of Recaito and about half the jar of chiles, but you should do this to your spice-capacity.
After this, your squash should be cooked. Take it out, and prepare it by cutting it in half and scooping out the mushy stuff and seeds and scraping out the non-mushy part of the inside. Add this into the pan and re-season.
Heat up your wraps, and add your “meat” to the taco. I like to top it off with some onions, avocado and I mix the recaito with the chiles to make a salsa verde.
This all costs about 8$ for at least 5 servings.
It totals up to about 450 calories a serving.
Best served with cheap tequila.
The kind of lollipops I eat.
Veganizzm: The Nuts & Oats of Vegan Cooking: White Bean-Pepper-Potato Burgers with Rosemary & Basil →
& Tri-Colored Bell Peppers
Fo’ dinner with mama and papa bear. Served with roasted cauliflower. Yummzorz. Adapted from Mama Pea’s recipea!
- 1 can white beans (I used cannellini!)
- 2 small Yukon gold potatoes, cooked
- 1 cup diced bell pepper (yellow, orange, red mix)
- 1 clove garlic,…
Hey snitches, I’m baaaaaaaaaaaaack.
I finished my exams yesterday [!!] and will make the trek home from Russki School tomorrow. The journey may take many years and cost many lives (though it will most likely take 3 hours and cost only my Dad’s patience as I sing shrilly in Russian and bawl allll the way home).
I made this cake last night for a rambler-rousin’ celebration with homeslices from my level. We ate dat guy right up and in my apparently-not-all-that-humble-opinion it was очень вкусно (translation: “rulllllll damn delicious”).
“From Russia with Chocolate” Cake
- 1.5 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup canola or safflower oil
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup (optional but GOOD)
1. Preheat that sheezy to 350 degreezy
2. Combine flour + salt + sugar + baking soda + cocoa powder. MIX.
3. Add vanilla + oil + vinegar + water + maple syrup (if using). STIR.
4. Lightly grease a 9” cake pan. Other cake pans work too. Shape shifters! Pour in the batter and bake for 30-35 minutes at 350º. Once firm in the middle (test with a toothpick), set aside to cool.
Sunshine of Your Love Chocolate Frosting
- 1/2 cup non-dairy butter (Earth Balance)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon water/non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon berry jam (optional but GOOD)
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor (or if you have the muscles of a greek god, do by hand). Mix until all ingredients are incorporated and smooth. Add a bit extra powdered sugar or flour if it’s too liquidacious.
Coat cake with frosting and top with chocolate chips and fresh raspberries. Oh man oh man. If my career as a spy doesn’t work out I’ll find a way to sell this cake for a living. I’ll probably make bank, too.