Gotta love HEB’s “fresh or free promise”
Every single cup was 3 day expired…yummy yummy lucky me!!
I think this is my health angels way of saying no junk Saturday!!
Lunch: veggie soup, lentil Chips, and pomegranate arils
$2.98 lunch of noms!!!!!!
Free arils, $1 off lentil chips bargain!!
Barley mushroom soup
Barley pearls, onions, celery, baby portobello mushrooms, carrots, parsley, tomatoe paste, and cumin
Added some salt pepper garlic and pepper flakes
Monday Lunch time!!
Eat clean train dirty mission
Wrap and soup
Wrap: cayenne pepper tortilla
Filled with red pepper hummus and avocado spread, garbanzo beans,lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, sprouts, spinach, dill pickles, cucumbers, black olives salt and pepper
Soup: chickpea Lima bean and tomato stew
Salad bar: sweet and sour tofu, wheat berries, grille radicchio, carrots, tomatoes, mung bean sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, sunflower seeds, pecans, black seasame seeds and pico de gallo and avocado cilantro verde salsa as salad dressing
Soup: soybean and Walmart shiitake
With seaweed, lemongrass,garlic, shiitake, soy, mirin, garlic, scallions, pear, cucumber, sesame oil, sesame seeds, miso and lemon
Drink: 23oz water and 16 oz Buddhas brew pineapple super greens komucha
Extra Veggie Soup!!!
Was feeling a bit under the weather so crammed a whole yellow squash and green zuchiini along with the can of Amy’s Soup add a lil seasoning and no more sickly!!
Dinner time!!!! Amys mmmmazingggg organic soup and some avacado to celebrate national avacado day!!!!!!
It’s time for the next Straight Broke! Today I give you Two Onion Vegetable Soup with Rice. And a Dragonball Z coffee mug of green tea, just for funsies.
I literally opened my mini fridge this morning and went yikes, I don’t have much in there and payday is still a few days away. So, time to get…
Best vegan soup..and on SALE!!!!
Everything goes better with a little avacado in it!!
Healthy and Delicious: Mexican Potato Soup
- 1 pound boiling potatoes, peeled and diced (about 2 cups)
- Kosher salt
- 3 large red ripe tomatoes, about 1 1/4 pounds, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 canned chipotle in adobo sauce, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Place in large saucepan and cover with water by about three inches. Season water with salt. Bring to a boil and cook until tender but firm to the bite (potatoes will cook further in step 2). Drain potatoes and set aside. Meanwhile, blend tomatoes, onion, garlic, and chipotle pepper in blender at high speed until smooth, about 30 seconds.
Pour tomato mixture into large saucepan. Add vegetable stock and potatoes. Stir to combine and season to taste with salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are completely tender, about 7 to 8 minutes. For thicker broth, mash a few potatoes against side of pot with wooden spoon. Add cilantro and simmer for 2 minutes longer. Serve immediately with extra cilantro, sour cream, and cashew cream as desired.